Friday, April 24, 2009

Diary Entry

Dear Diary,

Today is C.E. 200, another harsh and tiring day in the Coliseum. Today was considered a pretty good day, I didn't get injured like one of my fellow gladiators Bob. Bob was a good gladiator, but people thought he was a useless slave and accidently threw him out of the Coliseum. He only got minor injuries, he broke 10 bones, and badly sprained his arm and ankle. It was nothing like the huge body cast I had 2 years ago. I have finally recovered from that and I just started fighting 10 days ago. Boss says tomorrow, we will be fighting lions, I am very scared of this because I might die and not be able to get back to my lovely wife and wonderful children. I haven't seen them for 5 years. We also had a new man added to our circle of gladiators. His name is Pepy, and he is so weak that he can't even lift a tiny stool, and so dumb that he is actually excited for fighting hungry lions! I am happy that he is here because when we fight, I can easily beat him.

Right now, I miss my family a lot. My four kids Nicholas, Emily, Louisa, and Iris are only around 12 years old. I also miss my wife too, I hope she doesn't have to see what I'm like right now because she wouldn't recognize me through all these painful bruises, cuts, and burns from the collesium and my master's whip.

Boss says that I am the best out of the bunch, but I know way better. The last time he said that to a gladiator, the gladiator ended up fighting 5 different lions and died a slow and painful death. I feel chills every time I walk past the amphitheater now. Will I die? I don't know, but I'm trusting my goddess Venus to guide me through this rough time. Uh-oh, I see Boss coming, if he sees me writing again, he will punish me with his huge whip. I'm in pain even thinking about it. I wonder what he will make me do this time but I don't have any time for thinking. Better go!

- Irinickal Emlou

1 comment: